Old March 16th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
BMJ

Default VX-7R

In article ,
Robert Kubichek wrote:

snip

I've got one, too, and it's terrific. The only thing I haven't figured
out is how to delete the contents of individual memories. I can do it
on my Yaesu base station, and it would be nice if I could do it for my
HT. Do you have any suggestions, others than completely resetting the
radio?

You can do it using the VX7 Commander software. I have done it many times.
I have not found a way to do it from the keypad though, it would be nice...

Thanks. I figured it might be something like that. I figure that if I
ever travel to an area where there are repeaters, I could program the
frequencies and settings for them ahead of time and then delete the
contents of those memories afterwards.

snip