Old December 16th 03, 02:16 PM
L. M. Rappaport

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:11:27 GMT, "Dee D. Flint"
wrote (with possible editing):

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:05:40 GMT, L. M. Rappaport
wrote:

Well, my last response didn't make it to the newsgroup, so I'll try
again. Basically, I agreed with the others who said there certainly
are awards for satellite qso's, but even if there weren't, the
question still remains:

What is the proper method of logging satellite qso's so they can be
converted to ADIF?

Thanks,

There isn't any proper method. ADIF only supports one frequency field,
so you can't save uplink/downlink frequencies unless you do it in
another field. If your logging program supports the field SAT NAME or
SAT MODE, use those. But don't be surprised if not many programs do
support those fields.

The ADIF spec is he

http://www.hosenose.com/adif/adif.html

73, Jim KH2D

Put your transmit frequency in the frequency field and put the receive
frequency in any available blank field that won't confuse you. The comment
field would be appropriate as you can then indicate not only the frequency
but that it was a satellite contact.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Thanks, folks,

I'll log the transmit frequency and put the receive somewhere
else.
--

73,
Larry W1HJF