Old March 17th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Current through coils

wrote:
I think you are the one with a problem, not me. I don't know what a
"phaseless" signal is. Does it come from a phaseless signal generator
through phaseless transmission lines??

I apologize, but I actually have to plead complete ignorance on
this subject. You seem to be the expert on using phaseless signals
to measure phase. But I'm willing to learn and it is certainly
considerably more interesting than a tutorial on measurements.

I haven't seen Roy question anything and he hasn't told me he doesn't
understand anything.

Can you requote his post where he said that, or should I take your word
for that along with the phaseless signal??

Please stop asking me to do your research for you. I'm a very
busy person anchoring the bass section in my Methodist Choir's
Easter music and performing a very demanding solo. Have you any
idea how difficult it is for a Homo Sapien to hit low-low C?

Roy said about my measurements:

"The measurement looks good to me. The phase is exactly what EZNEC predicts
-- constant along the wire. The ratio in magnitudes we'd expect depends on
the positions along the wire, not just the spacing. Roy Lewallen, W7EL"

That's why I withdrew my "flawed" measurements and offered Roy's
"exactly" observation instead.

I'm thinking back and it seems to me that Roy reported his
measurements without drawing strange conclusions about them.

But you can lay all the objections to waste simply by explaining
how to measure phase using a source signal that doesn't change
phase. You have asserted that you have done it. Please tell us
how.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp