Old March 17th 06, 05:57 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.broadcasting,sci.engr.television.broadcast
Phil Kane

Default Broadcast equipment preventive maintenance schedules

Posted to ba.broadcast:

On 17 Mar 2006 00:05:40 GMT, wrote:

Hiya! I'm a broadcast engineer who works for the gub'ment. To make a
long story short, my know-nothing bureaucrat superiors are pressuring
me to justify my job--these are people who wouldn't know a VTR from RTV
or a camera from a canned ham, so to speak. Part of the process of
educating these suits has been to submit a PM schedule. But NOW they're
asking me to back up my numbers with supporting documentation, e.g.,
manufacturer's recommendations, common industry practice and so on.

You'll find that they will go for whatever you say once you learn
to go with the system, not fight it as you seem to be doing.

--
Phil Kane
(30 year veteran of "the gub'mint")

Retired and loving every minute of it....
Work was getting in the way of my hobbies