Old March 17th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations.

News about the world is available from so many sources now that I don't
understand the risk of having a non U.S. source of news on public
television. Actully if they would devote some air time to non-U.S.
news sources such as Radio Beijing, Al Jazeera I think we would be the
better for having that information.

I'll try not to get too carried away with this thought, but public
television and radio runs a real risk of being left behind if they
don't include news and programming from outside the U.S. Fortunately
they have chosen to do so for a long time.

Ed wrote:
Guys, this is only the beginning. The World Radio Network (
http://www.wrn.org/)is promoting other shortwave broadcasters as well.

I'm ok with this. It's fun to switch from the BEEB on World Band to the
BEEB on my local NPR station, hearing the same thing.

Ed