Old March 17th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations.

On 17 Mar 2006 06:10:02 -0800, "John S." wrote:

BBC is a regular on public radio and television and I find it to be a
good addition to the news programming already available on those
stations. Clearly it displaces other content, but whether local,
national or international programming that was displaced would be hard
to determine. British programming has been a regular on public radio
and television since the early days. I hope Pitts is not lamenting the
availability of high quality dramatic programming of non U.S. origins
as well. I see news from BBC as adding to the already wide range of
programming on public radio and television.

The World Service is not on television.