Old March 17th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Popelish

Default Coil Current Summary

Cecil Moore wrote:
"John Popelish" wrote:

(snip)
Or the velocity factor of the traveling waves can be measured by the
interference pattern they produce as a standing wave. One cycle of
the standing amplitude wave has to occupy the length that carries one
cycle of the traveling wave.

I agree, one can use knowledge and indirect methods. That's
exactly what I do and have been recommending. You and I seem
to be in agreement.

I am not sure we have the exact same thoughts, but I think there are
areas of agreement.

The real revelation for me, from this discussion is how the concept of
"phase" takes a dimensional jump (from time to position) when you
change from taking about a traveling wave to the standing wave that
results from the superposition of a pair of oppositely traveling waves
of the same frequency.