Old March 17th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Coil Current Summary

wrote:
This reminds me of the famous Fractenna Threads of years ago, where
Fractenna argued and argued, couldn't convine most people of anything,
and then declared himself correct.

What is really strange is that you believe what it "reminds you
of" is of technical importance. How about a technical rebuttal?
Guilt by association is an easily recognized diversion of the
issue. For the record, I argued with Chip as much as you did.
In fact, Tom, I always take your side when you are right.

Gene appears to me to be incredulous that you could possibly
believe there is any information at all in the standing wave
current phase measurement. Hint: There is none, just as Gene
asserts.

I suspect that Roy, W7EL, has discovered that same thing and
realizes that his standing wave current measurements, though
perfectly accurate, didn't provide any information that wasn't
already available from EZNEC or Kraus.

What I suspect is that neither you nor Roy realized that the
standing wave current phase is virtually constant from the
feedpoint to the tip of the antenna in a mobile antenna,
*whether a coil is present or not*. (When I reported the same
results as EZNEC, you implied my measurements were wrong.)
Roy said my measurements agreed with EZNEC. Is EZNEC wrong?

So when is one going to correct the errors on one's web page?
(Please note the use of the objective, third-person, impersonal
pronoun, "one".)
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp