Old March 17th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations.

On 17 Mar 2006 10:16:25 -0800, "junius" wrote:

David wrote:

NPR is pretty world class with their newscasts. The closest
domestically produced programs generally available in the USA, at any
rate.

PRI also does an excellent job, in partnership with WGBH and the BBC
on ''The World'', middays.

Agreed, "The World" is an excellent news product. NPR's
top-of-the-hour news briefings are well done, too. NPR's two flagship
programs, Morning Edition and All Things Considered, are okay, although
something of a mixed bag. I sometimes find myself tuning away when
they attempt the occasional folksy human interest stories (it's just
not something that NPR does well, in my opinion). Oh, and then there's
some Romanian guy (Codrescu) who attempts these humor spots on All
Things Considered....ughhh....I'd rather listen to nothing at all than
to endure that guy.

He's a Louisianan. Has been for about 20 years now.