Old March 17th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations.

On 17 Mar 2006 10:23:34 -0800, "junius" wrote:

David wrote:
On 17 Mar 2006 07:50:31 -0800, "John S." wrote:

The World Service is not on television.

Not sure what you are talking about. I copied this from
WETA: 6:00 pm BBC World News

That's not the World Service. The BBCWS is a seperate entitiy with
what are regarded as much higher standards than the rest of the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/us/index.shtml

Interesting, I had simply thought that the 30-min news segments aired
on such stations as WHUT, MPT, and WETA were BBC WS television
feeds....the 30-min news segments that air every hour on the BBC WS
television schedule.
http://www.bbcworld.com/content/temp...geid=668#start

Sometimes when these 30 min segments go off, you can well see that
further BBC news content is being continued but that your local station
is carrying only a half-hour snip of a larger news program...

BBC World is joint venture with Discovery Channel, AIR.