Old December 19th 03, 09:44 PM
Phil - N1KI

Default Horses are amazing creatures

Apparently, the horse is the only animal that can have a major part of its
body become detached and roam around unsupervised. Unfortunately these
detached parts seem to be able to locate transmitters so they can shout their
calls, call CQ, shout "up up", call each other "lids" (isn't there some saying
concerning pots and kettles?), tune up amplifiers, etc, on a rare DX station's
frequency. I suspect a lot of this may be from those who have already had the
pleasure of working the DX and now feel the rest of us need it to be more
challenging. It took me three days of trying to work T30M to finally know he
had my call sign right because the QRM'ers and Megacycle cops always seemed to
make their contribution when I thought I may be getting a call. Is the
concept of split operation really that difficult to grasp for people who have
presumably passed a relatively difficult exam in order to get their license?.
This tirade is mainly inspired by today's contributions to the TO4E operation
during the brief period I was finally able to *almost* copy them

Spammers - reply freely and often to my e-mail address
Everyone else - look me up on qrz.com

Peace - Those rare moments in history when everyone is rearming....