Old December 21st 03, 05:00 PM
Bill Turner

Phil - N1KI wrote:

Is the
concept of split operation really that difficult to grasp for people who have
presumably passed a relatively difficult exam in order to get their license?.
This tirade is mainly inspired by today's contributions to the TO4E operation
during the brief period I was finally able to *almost* copy them

Don't be so quick to criticize people who call on the DX's frequency.
There are a few programs which one could have running in the background
that can inadvertently turn off the split function. I have had this
happen to me a couple of times and been called a lid by the Kilocycle
Kops. I'm not, but they're welcome to their opinion.

Once this happens a time or two, most ops will figure it out, but until
they do, put the blame where it belongs: Poorly written software.

--
Bill W6WRT