Old March 17th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations.

junius wrote:
John S. wrote:
David wrote:
On 17 Mar 2006 06:30:55 -0800, "John S." wrote:

The unique value of public radio and television lies is the breadth of
the sources and depth of the coverage. And that comment extends
beyond news and analysis to documentaries and dramatic series as well.
I was literally spellbound by the Ken Burns Civil War series and
dramatic programs the quality of Upstairs Downstairs are common.

Right, I myself love to watch American Experience. Then there's
Frontline....excellent TV journalism.
My very favorite PBS program, though, is Masterpiece Theatre
(previously Exxon Mobil Masterpiece Theatre, before our friends at
Exxon pulled their financial backing). Bleak House, which recently
aired on Masterpiece Theatre, was a top-notch drama in every way.
Amazingly well done. A lot of the dramas aired on Masterpiece Theatre
seem to be BBC productions, although Kidnapped (which was aired this
past autumn) was the product of some production company in New Zealand.

Of course, there are some duds here and there on PBS... Charlie Rose
is the ultimate in mediocrity, even if he does on occasion have an
interesting guests. I won't comment on Boohbah; that's something
you'll have to experience on your own www.boohbah.com/zone.html

Yeah, I've really tried to like the Rose show. It's just kind of plain
vanilla....