Old March 18th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations.

On 17 Mar 2006 17:05:37 -0800, "junius" wrote:

Despite a few fluff programs on BBC World (e.g. that automotive-related
show), the content overall is actually pretty good, in my opinion.
Given a choice between BBC World and BBC WS, though, I'd opt for the
latter, as I guess you would, as well. I'm glad to see that Discovery
and BBC World have entered into this agreeement to make available BBC
World in the U.S. As far as television news networks go, BBC World has
a profound and distinct content edge over the lame news (I should say,
entertainment-posing-as-news) networks of CNN, MSNBC and FOX.

junius

I don't like TV news. The pictures get preference over the narrative.
It is cool when something blows up, but other than that I have no use
for it.