Old December 22nd 03, 12:28 PM
Phil - N1KI

Now, now, guys. You know nothing is ever *their* fault. And people have been
blaming their screw-ups on computers for over thirty years now.

Just a passing thought, I wonder if these people go around bragging about how
their computer worked a rare DX? It seems only fair.....

In article sysFb.23793$gN.11372@fed1read05, "Jerry Bransford"
wrote:
wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:36:25 -0800, Bill Turner
wrote:

Agreed, but my point was that the above is non-obvious. Once you figure

out
what's happening, you can control it. As I said, the real "lid" in this

case is
poorly written software.

--
Bill W6WRT

I guess we can let you slide on the software. If you're blind and
can't read the frequency on the VFO......

I wonder who the FCC would cite as the operator in charge of the transmitter
if the software "caused" out-of-band operation... the licensed operator of
the transmitter, or the software that the licensee claimed was in charge of
his transmitter ?

73, Jerry

Spammers - reply freely and often to my e-mail address
Everyone else - look me up on qrz.com

Peace - Those rare moments in history when everyone is rearming....