Old March 20th 06, 10:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml

Default vert vs dipole gut comparison

thanks very much to all those that replyed,

but don't forget, we all agree that somtimes the dipole will work better
sometimes the vert but the realy trick i wonder about is how many times
will the vert be useful

my guess is prob 50/50 but wasn't sure how 'random' it might all be

In article , ml
wrote:

hi

i am pondering this again after thinking the odds of being about to put
a beam up are slim

currently i have a nice dipole CF horiz via a topside sgc , i am happy
w/it

i think i might be able to get a verticle (all bander) up there but then
i wonder

overall if it would really pay from just a performance point of view

the reviews i see i personally average as some signals would prob come
in bettter on one and some signals the other 'depending'

but i guess i can't quantify if at the end of the day i'd say wow
really glad i had that vert or if perhaps having a 2nd antenna would
really net me only a marginal end of year bunch of extra qso's

perhaps a unrelated question #2

given the building master tv antenna is close by, would one guess that a
verticle or a small triband beam would give off more tvi??

assume both would be slightly higher than the tv ant but close proximity

thanks