Old January 5th 04, 09:08 AM

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:22:33 -0500, "Richard Eckman"
wrote:

I would seriously doubt that there is any law (in the US) that makes this
practice illegal. Amateur radio operators are hardly the only group that
barters IRCs. Do a Google search on "International Reply Coupons Barter" and
you'll see that this is a very common practice. I'm worried about a lot of
things, but not about a visit from the Post Office Police!

Rich Eckman KO4MR
Hampton, VA

For that matter, is there even a law that says I can't buy
$0.37 stamps at the PO and sell them for a buck? It certainly doesn't
seem to be a problem for third party stamp machines that take a cut
for the convenience of not having to go to the PO.