Old March 20th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo

Default vert vs dipole gut comparison

Owen Duffy wrote:
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:15:00 -0500, Mike Coslo
wrote:

Some times the vertical works better, and sometimes the horizontal
works better. I'm having a heck of a time correlating exactly *why and

Mike, we need a clear definition of the meaning of "works" in your
data gathering and analysis.

Yeah! I'm trying to come up with a good test protocol that will allow
me to define "work".

So far, I can note that some signals drop into the noise and become
unreadable, while are readable on the other at the same time. That seems
a bit simplistic though.

My main problem is the variable signal levels., and the also variable
noise levels. Turns out that the antenna that was noisier on one band is
quieter on another, and vice versa.

A fellow could come to the conclusion that "this ain't exactly easy". HA!

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -