Old March 21st 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave

Default SWR Tells Me??

jimbo wrote:

SNIPPED

Adding some length to the long leg would be relatively easy, BUT moving
the feed point would be a real challenge! The coax shield and center
conductor are soldered to the ladder line wires. When I tuned a j-pole
in my work shop, tiny movements made a change amd maintaining the
position while trying to get it soldered was nearly impossible. (At
least for my clumsy fingers.) Is there a better way to connect the feed
point?

Thanks, jimbo

Jimbo, you just added another variable to the discussion. Please
describe the details of the coax to ladder line and ladder line to
antenna for us.