Old March 21st 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Default TWISTED terminated folded dipole

Yes, you are right Mark. Thanks for pointing this out. Not really
sure where my math error is. I've become way too dependant on mathcad
to do all my thinking for me. Looks like just a brainfart - only had
to move the decimal over 6 places.

Not sure where the 25nH came from, should have just been 5nH/t
5mH *(1/1000) * (1/1000)

So that 8 turns should have been 5*8*8 or 320nH. Two cores stacked
makes 640nH.

Maybe just j36 ohms at 9mc then.

In either case I think it's getting to be time for a balun tweak.
Ladder is up near attic hatch so don't have to climb two floors I got
nice big #43 cores at work that my boss gave me. I can probably set it
up to run ok on 20m.