Old March 21st 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
jon

Default Re. 15.435 mgz?

Greetings All! Not a big catch but I found it interesting. Listening
between 15.15UTC and 16.30UTC. I could not catch an ID, but at about
16.00 I had an S-9 signal on ARS out of Riyadh. From about 15.15 to
close to 16.00 I heard a much lower signal in Arabic with no ID or
music. Just sounded like a normal conversation between two guys. Then
as I said at 16.00 Riyahd came in loud and clear. During part of the
transmition I also heard what I guess was an jammer with a much lower
signal on the same frequency in Hebrew with one song and lasted only
about ten minutes. It was a little difficult to copy through Riyahd.
I assumed it was Riyahd based on Eibi. Is this type of jamming common
in the middle east? Also, I was trying to figure out the target with
the code BSKSA. Can anyone help me with that? Thanks in advance for
the help! Jon in South Carolina.
Listening today on a cheap RS DX-396 with a long wire attached to the
whip.