Old March 21st 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
BMJ

Default VX-7R

In article ,
Roger wrote:

snip

I've got one, too, and it's terrific. The only thing I haven't figured
out is how to delete the contents of individual memories. I can do it
on my Yaesu base station, and it would be nice if I could do it for my
HT. Do you have any suggestions, others than completely resetting the
radio?

I haven't tried that yet. I usually have something to write over it,
but I did run into some thing strange. Some how I managed to get the
"beep" turned on so every time I'd key it it'd send out a beep. No
matter what I tried I couldn't ge tit to quite. I need to download
the comander software.

Did you try "Basic Setup:9"? That sets the key beep.

snip