Old March 22nd 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Butch Magee

Default Wideband Folded Loop Construction Details

Hello Bob and tnx for the reply. Check out http://www.rys.nl/wfl.html

this one doesn't look like a dipole and a 7.5 by 1 meter space is all
the space it takes up. There are no close up photos of the
configuration, and can't tell where feed point is. I'm just full of no
information today ) I did a google search for wideband folded loop
antenna, and was presented with this beauty of an antenna, but, like I
said, no wiring details and it sells for 400.00!! You just must roll
your own.

Butch

Bob Bob wrote:
Hi Butch

Are you talking about the terminated folded dipole antenna?

Mr Cebik has a rundown on them at;

http://www.cebik.com/wire/wbfd.html

and says that the antenna is "typically" 90ft long for 80-10m. There is
however a non trivial loss at 80m you may want to check on.

If you like "no tuner" also consider Cecils w5dxp's doublet at;

http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/notuner.htm

That uses sections of 450 ohm feedline that are swicthed in and out of
circuit.

Cheers Bob W5/VK2YQA

Butch Magee wrote:

Geltlemen,
I have been considering the Wideband Folded Loop (WFL)