Old March 22nd 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey

Default Amphenol 621-685 coax?

Martin Potter ) writes:
Does anyone recall the basic specs for "Amphenol No. 621-685" coax cable?

Thanks to Scott and Colin for your suggestions. It is indeed coax cable
as I cut off one connector, somewhat crimping the inards in the process.
It sure does look like RG-59 with solid dielectric and solid copper
center conductor, although I don't have any of that to compare directly.
Will have to unsquash it and make some accurate measurements.

Strip some. See if you get graphite on your hands. If you do, it's not
RF coax. If you don't, measure it.
--scott