Old March 22nd 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Satellit

Default best sounding portable radio

On 2006-03-22 07:14:28 -0800, Bob Miller said:

On 21 Mar 2006 20:08:57 -0800, "researcher"
wrote:

I have a Sony 2010 that is absolutely great but I do not listen to
shortwave. I want to a small portable AM/FM with good sound and
various buttons, ie: timer, presets, etc. Any suggestions ?

My GE SuperRadio III has a handle; takes batteries; has the best sound
system of any of my portables -- kind of a monaural am-fm boombox. Has
a woofer and a separate tweeter with tone controls. Only about $37 at
Amazon.com

For more bells and whistles, knobs & buttons, try the CCrane web site;
they have about the best selection of better am-fm's that I've seen.
Not cheap, tho'

bpb
k5qwg

I really enjoy the sound on my S-350 but as far as a shortwave radio
goes, you can do a lot better.

The Degen 1102 is a great portable and for the size I'd say the sound
was excellent. But it is tinny compared to larger models. Pick your
poison - I'd imagine the biggest portable you find generally will have
the best sound.