Old March 22nd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Bob

Default Wideband Folded Loop Construction Details

Hi Butch

Okay it looks like a T2FD that has been folded over. Usually they have a
load resistor (600 ohms maybe) and a toroid matching transformer at the
feedpoint. (The antenna is close to 600 ohms without the transformer)
Cebik explains how much loss this system incurs so you can make some
judgements from that. The smaller capture area than a "real" T2FD may
mean another 3-6dB or so of loss.

You might like also to look at a magloop generally. ie a loop antenna
with a tuning cap at one location. I have seen these described as
working well over a 2:1 freq range (eg 80 and 40m) and a few quoting
3:1. You usually need to remote tune them though with something like a
srewdriver motor. As mentioned in the advert one of their claims to fame
is lower received noise and with the tuning less off frequency
interference issues.

Whats your application, what bands do you want to cover and what space
do you have?

Bob

Butch Magee wrote:

Hello Bob and tnx for the reply. Check out http://www.rys.nl/wfl.html
this one doesn't look like a dipole and a 7.5 by 1 meter space is all
the space it takes up. There are no close up photos of the
configuration, and can't tell where feed point is. I'm just full of no
information today ) I did a google search for wideband folded loop
antenna, and was presented with this beauty of an antenna, but, like I
said, no wiring details and it sells for 400.00!! You just must roll
your own.

Butch