Old March 22nd 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old freind

Default The ARS NOT to move to Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau

wrote:
an old friend wrote:
On 20 Mar 2006 15:34:35 -0800,
wrote:

sorry you areit isn't "preahps it is "not Good" it may also be not bad
but surely being classiefied with EMS and therefore above taxi cabs
would have been good for us in the long run both here and in our
neighboor Canada where vhf bandwidth is also at rsik

Had we been reclassed, there might be actual demands that the ARS would
have to live up to other than "goodwill.".

and we do just do it in an disorganized keystone copish way

Sometimes, maybe. I'm sure there are times when the ARS support is
superb.

indeed esp in smaller dsasters

But that is as "volunteers." Things are a lot different when your
volunteer status changes to responsibilities you have taskings.

indeed but we could have been classed as voloteers under public safety

it would helpful to reconized above taxi drivers