Old January 22nd 04, 02:28 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Kreso wrote:
BTW. just a short info that Croatian (9A) stations are allowed to
transmit also in 40m band segment between 7.100 and 7.200 as of
26th December 2003. when we got new regulations from telecommunication
authorities.

(I read about that elsewhere; congratulations and welcome!

W stations are going to have to be sure to learn to listen on their own
transmit frequency as well as in 7050-7100 when working contests on 40m
phone. Really they already should be listening there. Last time I made
a serious effort on 40 phone (admittedly about three years ago) a couple
of KP4s and other Caribbean stations, and a pair of VKs, called me on my
own transmit frequency. (I didn't know VK's could transmit up there!))

However, many European "police" stations says "TX out of band" when
you start CQing at 7.101 for example...:-))

grin!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66