Old March 23rd 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
mazerom

Default SMT Inductor(RF choke) with SRF about 3GHz

thanks.
my applications is this:
1.im designing an antenna switching array of four quarter wavelengths
equally spaced apart in a circular manner @2.4 ISM band.
2.this is a doppler antenna system in which i switch(discrete lines
from a microcontroller)) the antennas using rf pin diode(above 3GHz)
around 30-50khz repetition rate .
3.from the discrete lines, i put a decoupling cap of 100nF to filter
out high frequency generated by my micro(5th harmonics) and series it
with an RF choke(choke the 2.4ghz signal coming from the antenna)
direct to my switch(series) then a DC blck cap then the antenna. i have
4 arrays of these.also, i plan to have a DC feed after my antenna but
could hardly find high-valued inductors with sfr about 2.4GHz hence i
omitted it.

questions:
1.i doubt my isolation level for this setup.also,my reverse bias is
only logic zero '0V'.would you recommend another setup with higher
isolation at the same time cost-wise?
2.any recommendations on my possible pcb board layout with regards to
ground/power planes?

thanks!