Old March 23rd 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
COLIN LAMB

Default WANTED: Museum seeks B-17G Flying Fortress radio/radar equipment

I must say that when I ship a piece of WWII gear, I feel guilty packing it.
It was designed to be shot at, go through intense cold and heat and keep
working, and then I ship it off and pack it like it was a treasure. I
really should tape an address label on it and drop it in the box. I doubt
that the post office can do what the Germans and Japanese could not do - but
I still pack the stuff with care.

But, this saving for history is a mixed bag. I have had a WERS 112 Mhz
transceiver sitting on my shelf for years. It is useless. I am tempted to
convert it into a working transceiver with really cute dials (and no cut
holes) - but I cannot do it. So, it will sit on my shelf until I die, then
be thrown out along with my 20 ARC-5s.

Colin K7FM