Old March 23rd 06, 11:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default V Beam, do they work?

Dale Parfitt wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been modeling V beams off and on for a few years now, and never
can seem to get one that has useful gain.

Has anyone seen a successful model anyplace of a two or three wave V
with good gain??

73 Tom

Hi Tom,
I have a model of a 5 wavelength 24MHz Vee beam in AO- I can send the file
if it is useful to you. AO reports 11dBi free space gain. Included angle
appears to be 44 degrees.

I don't have AO Dave, so a description will work.

That sounds like the problem I am seeing. With a 3-5 WL long V, I have
about the same gain as a three element Yagi. But I'll still try to
model your antenna with 5wl legs and 44 degree angle. Thanks.