Old March 23rd 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Caveat Lector

Default WANTED: Museum seeks B-17G Flying Fortress radio/radar equipment

Perhaps it will help if you realize this is an unmoderated, free, open
forum.
As such all sorts of folks lurk here. (from the bottom to the top of the
scale)
Many obviously with no knowledge of warbirds and restorations there of.
The best way to avoid the "firestorm" is to ignore comments not related to
your donation request.

I sincerely hope some will come forward for the radio donations, I certainly
would if I had some.

This from one who flew in the 50's prop planes (Before the jets)
I fondly recall the ARC-5's, ART-13, BC-348's etc.

My Uncle flew in B-17's & B-24's in the China, Burma, India theater - he
would be pleased with your efforts.
Someday his descendents will marvel that men flew in such machines.
Your efforts are a fitting tribute to the men who flew and died in these
planes.

I think is admirable for you to try and put them back in their original
setting - kudos and good luck
I'll spread the word here in So Calif for possible donors.

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"-=H=-" wrote in message
Holy cow, what a firestorm I've started!

In my original post, I should have included the following
statement (which might have avoided this useless fight):

SNIP