Old March 23rd 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Stargatesg1

Default WANTED: Museum seeks B-17G Flying Fortress radio/radar equipment

HEAR HEAR!!!!
Well said.

--
RoD
KD0XX

"Ed Zeranski" wrote in message
Jeeze Loooo F***in' Weeze Folks! Stop the Global Whining! I don't care
about the first post and the request for no BS...you can ask for what ever
you want. Now....anybody else gonna pony up a part or two toward having a
B-17 with a representative radio position? From what I've learned the

radio
position will be for display not a necessarily a full on operating
position. That is OK in my book, better than an open hole. The op and his
group can always have a radio position outside the airframe like Dave
Stinson had in Texas that can be set up next to the airframe and operated
where lots can see it. Anyway, I gave a grunch of radio gear to LST325

that
worked because they wanted to set up an operating radio space. No probs
sending some look-at ARC-5 to a B-17. Anyone else going to send some

parts?
Or just blab?

EdZ