Old March 23rd 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG

Default Pin-style headphones for S-38

They're right!!! I'm sitting here looking at a Trimm headset with the
frizzy wires and a big old Philmore phone plug... Actually, I have, in
the past, been able to "sort of" tin that type wire.. it burns off the
fabric content part. Only problem, its very delicate after all that. HI!!!

Rob Mills wrote:
"Roger D Johnson" wrote in message

K3HVG wrote:

Many of the older 'phones use a cloth covered "Litz" type wire. This

stuff requires crimp connectors. Trying to convert from one type of
connector to another is a nightmare!

That's putting it mildly, never could get all those wires in that tip much
less get them to stay. RM~