Old March 24th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam/WB2TT

Default Attic antenna: rotator upside-down work?

"kd5sak" wrote in message
om...

"Buck" wrote in message

BB Will an antenna rotator like a Radio Shack or Channel Master work if
BB hung upside-down from a roof beam, or should I try to come up with a
BB way to secure it to the attic floor?

Do you have a break-down of the assembly of the rotor? If there are
no bearings when held upside down, you may damage the rotor by hanging
it that way.

Buck
--

Don't know about some of the newer inexpensive TV type rotors, but my old
AR-40 has lubricated ball bearings running in a groove. Don't know if

Harold
KD5SAK

I don't think it will work right. There will be no force on the ball
bearings at all, they will just be floating. All the friction will show up
on whatever is on the other end of the shaft that keeps the unit from
falling apart.

Tam/WB2TT