Old March 24th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.tubes,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bob Weiss

Default Where does tube base master list come from?

wrote:
Bob Weiss wrote:

The coordinating body for tube basing diagrams was JEDEC (Joint Electron
Device Engineering Council). I have a copy of their "Publication
2B--Basing Diagrams for Electron Tubes", which covers basing assignments
from "1A" to "21A", dated Sept. 1958. 46 pages worth of base drawings,
and a listing of which types used each base. Updated by Lud Sibley in
2000, to include some additional background info.

Is this in one of Mr. Sibley's books or a TCA publication, if so which
one, and where can I buy it?

I'm not a member of the TCA but only because I count myself as a user,
not collector...

Tim.

Not an "official" publication, AFAIK. Lud sent me a copy a couple years
ago, when a similar discussion came up on the TCA listserv.

An email and SASE to him might get you a copy, as well...

Bob Weiss N2IXK