Old March 25th 06, 02:24 AM posted to alt.conspiracy.area51,rec.radio.shortwave

Default beacon direction finding

I suppose the larger loop can couple to my body easier than the smaller
loop, though technically my body is in the null of the loop. Come to
think of it, my body would be very "near field", so that probably isn't
true.

Dale Parfitt wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
My s-meter is also a few bars on a LCD, which is why I thought being
able to read the voltage directly would be handy. Now that I think
about it, I can read the S-meter voltage through the serial port.

The difference between the 1ft and 2ft loop is a big deal in that the
smaller loop has deeper nulls and was much more accurate.

There is no theoretical reason why a 1' loop would have any different nulls
than a 2' or 10' loop ( at the freqs we are discussing).
If the nulls are deeper than there is a balance problem with the 2' loop.

I agree- LCD (digital ) S meters are of little value here.
Dale W4OP