Old March 25th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Gary P. Fiber

Default Unknown VHF Radio. Looking for information

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:01:58 +0100, Markus Baertschi
wrote:

Gary P. Fiber wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:13:27 +0100, Markus Baertschi
wrote:

I'm looking for information about a VHF radio of the 'Alpha' brand.

I've got a picture, but no further info.
http://www.markus.org/404779521.jpg

A local HAM wants to sell it and I might be interested.

Thanks Markus HB9VCD

Almost looks like a Kenwood 7400A with a different front panel, the
controls are similar. Kenwood did make products for other companies.

Gary K8IZ

Thanks for the hint, Gary but a Kenwood 7400A looks quite differently.
At least from the picture on Rigpix.

Markus

Yes I know that but the controls are very similar. I was thinking
maybe Kenwood built it for Alpha.

Does the radio have an FCC ID number, I would not be surprised if it
did not since you are not in the US. But if it does looking at the FCC
database would give you some insight.

Gary K8IZ