Old March 26th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Oldridge

Default A Small Indoor FM Antenna

"W. Watson" wrote in
ink.net:

I have a product called RadioShark that is like Tivo for radio. I'm in
an area where FM is a bit hard to get. I would like to receive at
least one station at 88.7 clearly. There are several in the 88 to 89
range that would do as well. It would be good to have an antenna that
does it. I definitely recall a simple dipole that looks like a T that
is made from some TV lead wire. That's been hooked to an FM rcvr not
far from me, but has never worked to well. Possibly because I have to
mount it on a nearby wall and under a shelf. It seems to me that years
ago that a rabbit ears TV antenna included FM. Certainly the length of
the ears were about right. They seem harder to come by. Something like
a desktop model would be good, since RS is hooked into my computer in
the den. Any suggestions?

Take 66 inches of twinlead. Bare the ends back about 1.5 inches on each
end and short them. Cut into one side only in the center and bare the
cut wire. Connect it to the 300 ohm input of your tuner with more 300
ohm line, or insert a balun and connect with RG6 coax.

Placement may be as important as antenna design.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667