Old March 27th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default BBC Shortwave A06

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:25:35 -0800, running dogg wrote:

Let's see, that's $156 a year to get one radio station.

I understand that you live in the Santa Clarita Valley. IIRC, that place
is horrible for radio reception. LA FM stations have to put up repeaters
to be heard there, and it's just a hop skip and jump away from downtown
LA. (OK, that's 2 hours in LA traffic, but I'm talking air distance.)
The mountains block virtually all radio signals. Try using your car
radio when going through Tejon Canyon sometime. It's DEAD. In your case,
satellite radio WOULD be a necessity. I can usually hear the Beeb's
Asian service for a few hours in the afternoon on the 15 Mhz band,
although I haven't tried it recently. I will have to see if the signal
lasts until The World Today comes on at 0300.

Nobody puts translators here. I can get a few stations in HD.

The BBC in the car?