Old March 28th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Denley

Default Keepers: Shortwave Radios That Last

ve3... wrote:
For example, I wonder how you
could make a critical post that had any merit on , say, the 272 posts
on IBOC of Mar 2 2006 without carefully reading the whole thread.

You'll have to interpret that for me. I don't remember commenting on that
thread. In any case what you and I disagree on (respectfully on my part) is
whether all of those radios are 'keepers'. I believe that any modern
shortwave receiver, even including small portables, must have a minimum set
of tools for the user. The Sony 7600 meets those requirements and for a
good price and I agree with your assessment that it's the best all around.
Still, however, I find the S350 to be a poor rendition of a modern shortwave
portable and I don't think I have held a cheaper feeling radio. It's true
tha I don't have many portables, as I favor the desktop sets, but the two I
have owned: SW8 and ICF-SW55 were solidly built and excellent performers.
--
Brian Denley