Old March 28th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Default WANTED: Museum seeks B-17G Flying Fortress radio/radar equipment

Woody wrote:

Bill, have you considered a career in politics?

Yes, but I'm not crooked enough to get elected.

Exactly where would you suggest we park general aviation?

General aviation doesn't need parking as far as I can tell.

The B-17G should be parked in the desert, in a hangar, where there is
low humidity and no violent weather. It would last practically forever,
and at five or ten bucks a ticket, would be a source of income also
practically forever. And guess what... no maintenance cost either,
except maybe for a feather duster now and then. :-)

Bill T.