Old March 28th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MarkAren

Default Simplified G2 Regulator for a 4CX250B amplifier

Hi Tom,

"I have been toying with the idea of building a 4CX amp for some while
now but keep being put off by the relative complexity of the protection
circuitry associated with G2"

Basically, just simplification. See
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/board...ode-manual.pdf for
the whole of Ian's manual (chosen starting point)

There is a bunch more protection stuff on the base of the tube, I
forgot to mention this in the posting. I should have also said that the
starting point for the review should be topological.

I will look at your detailed comments when I wake up (it's 3am .

Thanks very much for taking a look.

Regards,

Mark.