Old March 29th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default "Baffling regulations"

an old freind wrote:
wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
In the April iss issue of QST, David Sumner K1ZZ editorializes the new
public relations campaign "hello..."

does this mean for what you ca read I can expect another set mailing
form them?

Get your check book out...

not for them

Honestly, I don't know how "Hello..." could cost much if anything.
It's a campaign to get mostly existing amateurs to recruit new hams.
The ARRL is popping for a new video and website, and thats about it.
Hell, I'll even buy one of their bumper stickers and speak of amateur
radio to anyone who asks about it.

breity cut

No sweatty-dah.

some of them do end up having to be arbitray band edges but you are
right learn the inanities of the was what made it very rough teachingmy
wife

True. But there are lots of internal amateur privileges that are
inconsistent from band to band. And I still think if we have a pass
fail exam based on Farnsworth code that it should be codified in Part
97.

no one will ever codify it which another reason the FCC will drop it

But I'm still in favor of Hans' one license ARS. But if we're going to
chop it up into itty bitty pieces, we might as well be consistent from
band to band.

one license would be best

Yet I've been attacked again and again and again by the Extra-Elite of
RRAP wrt this topic.

I've enjoyed catching up on my ham related reading.

bb

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/Zero_Bias_march06.pdf

not a bad bit

It's kind of nice to be able to read another ham's opinions without
being called a liar and/or a homo.