Old March 6th 04, 03:25 PM

In rec.radio.amateur.dx Dave Shrader wrote:
There will be so much capital investment by companies in BPL that the
courts won't dare to overturn the decision!!!! The FCC will cave to the
$$$ interest, if they have not already done so.

They have. Mikey Powell was just in Raleigh (where I am)
talking to the public, and the paper quoted him on the BPL
issue among others. I don't have the exact quote but he
basically said, "We'll try not to harm hobbyists, but BPL
has too much potential (*) to let it be stopped."

(*) "Potential" = "people are going to get RICH on this."

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001