Old March 7th 04, 01:37 PM

In rec.radio.amateur.dx Tony P. wrote:
basically said, "We'll try not to harm hobbyists, but BPL
has too much potential (*) to let it be stopped."

Ah, but kill the potential and it becomes a non-viable service.

You mean, by running high power and interfering with
the BPL access? Never happen. When Suburban Dad can't
get his sports and Mom can't get AOL and Junior can't
download Korean porn, all because of one 80-year-old
down the street with a hobby that 98% of Americans don't
even understand, they'll pull the rug out from under ham
radio faster than you can say "broadband." If there were
50 million active hams and we were well organized, we
might have a chance.

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001