Old March 10th 04, 08:53 AM
Peter Dougherty

(Peter Lemken) said :

XF4, REVILLA GIGEDO. The XF4IH operation from Socorro Island is now active

What kind of antennas are these guys running? The website has no information
about the setup at all.

Must be of the wet-noodle variety because for an island that close to
North America, their signal sounds as weak as if it's in the middle of
the Indian Ocean here on the East Coast. Heck, I'm betting 3B9C will
be louder here.

I'm glad they finally figured out what split means, but I hope they
discover that it's really OK to go up 5-10 on SSB, and not just throw
everybody up 5 with no +/- range.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net