Old March 31st 06, 09:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Shortwave station without a transmitter?

And those who are listening will assume the transmissions originate
from Gitmo. Such a station would have the validity of Radio Korea.

running dogg wrote:
Here's my idea: a studio where various immigrant groups, many of them
people from vital parts of the world (Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan), that
live in California produce programs with honest, uncensored news about
their homelands and that show how great their lives are in the US. We
could have sermons and Quran readings from liberal imams. Then contact a
transmitter broker like TDP and buy airtime on strategically located,
already existing tx's. This effort would be funded by some rich people
and by fundraisers in the immigrant communities. It would be sort of a
bottom-up VOA, a station singing the praises of America by the
countrymen of the oppressed peoples. I call it Radio California, but it
wouldn't be licensed and it wouldn't have an exclusive transmitter farm.
What do you think?