Old April 1st 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gene Fuller

Default Current through coils

Cecil,

That's quite remarkable.

You issued a "challenge" to design and report on a loading coil for 4
MHz, with a whip of 8 feet. I responded with a solution that used a whip
length of 10 feet. I did not "alter" anything, and I told you exactly
what I did.

What came back in return?

Three separate times you altered my file and reported back here that
something was incorrectly designed, illegal, or just plain different.
You did not acknowledge the changes you made until I complained. (EZNEC
did not change the coil pitch or connect the bottom of the coil to the
top of the coil.)

I don't have a copy of the IEEE Dictionary, but I believe the correct
descriptive word for your action is dishonesty.

-73
Gene
W4SZ

Cecil Moore wrote:
wrote:

He alters dimensions ...

I don't remember the exact dimensions of your coil so you
might refresh my memory. Was it 100 turns at 8 TPI? I have
the same coil stock in a 50 uH version.

As far as the EZNEC files go, I created them. Gene altered
they away from the agreed upon length specifications. I
altered them back and corrected a mistake I made in the
traveling wave configuration.