Old April 1st 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE

Default What is an EH antenna

Recently heard about EH antennas and have done some research into them
including reading some articles in this newsgroup. It is begining ti
sound very much like my friends homemade FM/TV antenna. My friend being
short on money fastened an old bicycle rim to a piece of galvanized
pipe( axel stuck in the pipe) Feedline was connected from the center o
the wheel to a point on the outer rim. I had repeated told my friend
that something like this would never work and he demonstrated to me
that it did.. I theink the EH antenna is a lot like this old wheel,
just about anything placed on a mast with work to some degree. In this
case a very poor antenna allowed my friend to receive 2 TV stations and
4 or 5 FM radio stations. This was a vast improvement over the 0 tv and
Fm stations he was receving before putting up his "antenna" Would it be
appropriate to say that an EH antenna is more like a coupler that
utilises the antenna support structure(tower/mast) and feedline as the
radiating elements of the antenna?.